My music folders deleted?

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I used the program on several playlists at the same time (which was probably not wise for my first time using this program), and not only were no playlist files generated in the specified folder, but all of the folders that contained an MP3 that was in one of those playlists, was deleted. I've got entire music folders mysteriously gone. I've used the Windows search function to see if they were just relocated but they're nowhere to be found. I had a "Rock" folder, with countless subfolders for each individual artist, and the entire Rock folder is gone. And that's just my Rock folder.

What just happened, and why? And is there a way to get my files back?

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Hey jsab0,

I'm sorry to hear your files where somehow deleted!! You are the first person to mention this... so I don't have any idea why this could be the case.

First up, I don't think the files can be retrieved if they where not on any backup. ( but if you are using windows vista or 7 right click on the folder and select properties, there is a tab 'previous versions' that could contain a copy of the folder )

Secondly, could you tell me more about how you tried to export the files and what selections you made? Maybe a screenshot or something?

Greets